Attention Laurelwood Patients: COVID-19 Clinic Policy
At the recommendation of the Oregon Veterinary Medical association, the American Veterinary Medical Association, as well as state and local governmental agencies, we have instituted the following policy in an effort to slow the progression of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We ask you to only schedule essential medical visits at this time.
- We ask that you remain in your vehicle when you arrive for your appointment. You should alert us by phone and we will instruct you to bring your pet to our door, where we will accept your pet into our hospital for the exam. We ask you to remain outside or in your vehicle until instructed otherwise.
- Communication with the staff and with the doctor will be by telephone as far as possible.
- We will communicate with you as to your pet’s needs, and complete treatment in our facility.
- Upon conclusion, we ask you to call in your credit card number to our receptionist. We discourage payment by cash and check at this time.
- We will return your pet to you as quickly as we can.
- If you have a food or medication pickup, alert us when you arrive and we will bring the material to you. Payment by credit card over the phone.
- We are asking all clients who have COVID-19 like symptoms to reschedule any appointments or send another authorized agent to present their pet to our hospital.
- We further encourage all clients to follow CDC guidelines on personal protection to help keep you safe in this critical time.
We understand that this policy requires trust on your part, and we give you our word we will treat your pet in a manner befitting that trust. These are times such as we have never seen here in our lifetime, so we are taking these steps to protect you, your pet and our staff. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time.