Article Featured on AVMA
Owning a pet is a privilege, but the benefits of pet ownership come with responsibilities.
Be a responsible pet owner:
- Avoid impulsive decisions when selecting a pet.
- Select a pet that’s suited to your home and lifestyle.
- Keep only the type and number of pets for which you can provide appropriate food, water, shelter, health care and companionship.
- Commit to the relationship for the life of your pet(s).
- Provide appropriate exercise and mental stimulation.
- Properly socialize and train your pet.
- Clean up after your pet.
- Obey all local ordinances, including licensing, leash requirements and noise control.
- Don’t allow your pet to stray or become feral.
- Make sure your pet is properly identified (i.e., tags, microchips, or tattoos) and keep its registration up-to-date.
- Don’t contribute to our nation’s pet overpopulation problem: limit your pet’s reproduction through spay/neuter, containment or managed breeding.
- Prepare for an emergency or disaster, including assembling an evacuation kit.
- Make alternate arrangements if you can no longer provide care for your pet.
- Recognize any decline in your pet’s quality of life and make timely decisions in consultation with a veterinarian.
Laurelwood Animal Hospital, located near Jesuit High School on Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway offers a full range of companion animal services, including surgery, nutrition and behavior counseling, parasite control and preventative medicine. The hospital also offers advanced imaging through an all-digital spiral CT scanner, a comprehensive dental program and laser treatment.
If you’re looking for quality, compassionate veterinary care in Beaverton, Oregon, come visit us at Laurelwood Animal Hospital.
Laurelwood Animal Hospital
9315 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway
Beaverton, Oregon 97005
Phone: (971) 244-4230
Fax: (503) 292-6808
E-mail: [email protected]