Did you know today, October 29th, is National Cat Day. To all you cat lovers out there, pamper your precious pet a little extra today! Here are some tips from https://www.nationalcatday.com/ on how to celebrate this day!
1. Adopt a cat from your local shelter or cat rescue.
2. Make a commitment to your cat’s health, starting with the litter box. Buy a bag of BLUE Naturally Fresh cat litter which is made from walnut shells, BLUE Naturally Fresh offers pet parents incredible odor control and long-lasting absorbency. BLUE Naturally Fresh is virtually dust-free, is low tracking and is available in a variety of formulas to suit any household needs. You won’t want to use any other litter again!
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
4. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to play with some cats available for adoption, clean cages and litter boxes or anything else they need help with.
5. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of kitten mills and gas chambers in your state.
6. Bake some cat shaped cookies for your kids, friends or office and bake some tuna cookies for your cat.
7. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it’s safe for your new cat.
8. Spend the day taking photos of your cat and posting them on our Facebook page.
9. Buy an official National Cat Day Tee here and sport it proudly!
10. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by cleaning their cat’s litter box and playing with their cat.
11. Commission a custom portrait painted of your cat.
12. Buy your cat a fun new toy….condo, bed or treats!
13. Give your cat some fun exercise by putting up some walls shelves specifically for him/her.
14. Make a window perch for your cat to lay in the sun.
15. Brush your cat to eliminate excess fur and hairballs.
16. Give your cat a calming massage.
17. Paint your face, wear kitty ears or dress in cat related fashion.
18. Buy your cat a collar and tag with your name and number, just in case they get outside and happen to become lost.
19. Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
20. Have a National Cat Day party and invite all your friends and their cats!